Thrify Thursday- the many jobs of a mom

The momccupation is all about what we moms do in our mommy occupation. Many of my titles in this hard, never ending job are:
  • Financial planner
  • life coach
  • teacher
  • chef
  • coach
  • housekeeper
  • butler -lol
  • shuttle bus driver
  • hair stylist
  • Laundromat -does your husband ever wonder how his clothes just appear in his drawer??
  • dishwasher- I came home from being out of town for 2 weeks and the hubby had used Palmolive pot scrubber liquid soap in the dishwasher...we had bubble coming out everywhere,lol. I laughed so hard.
  • seamstress
  • personal shopper
  • hmmmmm- Insert your own here!! There are many more.
I love that these are the most wide array of jobs that anyone would find on a resume and we do them all.
I would love to discuss financial planner today!

I am a great financial planner, i took our overhead down  at least $250 a month just by checking out these things.

Check your cable bill:
If you have a large company like Cox Cable then you know they bundle their packages. Many times people do this because they think it is the best deal. In all reality it is not your best deal. You can do much better if you check out all those adds you receive in your mail box for satellite. I switched from cable to satellite and saved us $45 bucks a month. No i did not have premium channels like you would think. I had digital cable and dvr. Which i am addicted to so don't say dump it...At least not quite yet. My bill went from  $80 to $45 a good amount saved there. The this year the prices went even lower and yes i switched again, it saved us another $10 off my bill. You may think "I don't want to go to all the trouble" but in the end you have more channels and more features often then cable.

Check your phone bill:
Many people now only have a a cell phone as their main phone. If this is a option for you defiantly try it out, look up different plans if your does not fit the bill. If you still want a land line consider a VOIP company. There are a few out there, likeVonage, Skype, etc... I had Vonage and had $24.99 for unlimited everything for calls, including long distance. They have really good service as long as you have a internet connection. Another cheaper option is Magic Jack, which is a small usb based device that you plug in to you computer to use. It is only 19.99 a year for sevice, the catch...you have to leave your computer on all the time to receive calls. Not a bad deal though, we switch to this last year and had great service with our cox internet provider. You can have calls forwarded to you cell as well if you are out of town and you get email voicemails you open.
       That said I now only have a cell phone because i switched our internts to a provider that did not support Magic jack.

Check you ISP(Internet Service Provider):
Again if you have this bundled you may be losing money, so check out all those deals. I have Clear a new wireless internet company that uses cell phone towers to transmit their signal. I pay $30 for life and I can move my modem to any city they are in if needed.

There are always deal but READ THE FINE PRINT!!

The Rules:
Ask questions
if there is a contract know when the amount will go up and or if it will be raised. You could sign up for super fast internet for a year for $39 and then realize the price is jacked up to $65 after the first year and you have a 2 year obligation!! Like Sprint or some other companies out there.

Do you shopping dilligently and take your time

Check what you pay now and see if there is a way to slim down the bill. I called Direct tv once to see if I could downgrade and they lowered my rate $10 a month for me just for calling!!

Call to negotiate

CHeck you bills- Don't be overcharged for something you don't need or use or ???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email in your comment as well so i have you info if entering a giveaway! Don't foget when entering a giveaway with a form, please do not leave comments for entries!